Friday, December 19, 2008

Didn't take long...

Well, I'm back to work. Only 6 hours a day (doctor's order), but I'm happy to be off my backside and doing something.
I've been back a week now, and I've already encountered some stupidity...
Yesterday, I must have spent a total of two hours convincing a lady that we didn't take any money from her flexible spending account. We billed her insurance. That's it. I talked to her insurance company, and they didn't take her money either. But she kept saying "My insurance paid you $42, and I paid you $27, and you took $42 from my FSA, so you have to give me my money back!" The drug was $42, the insurance didn't pay anything on it, she had a $15 coupon, so her out of pocket expense was $27. I kept asking her if she was looking at her explanation of benefits or her FSA statement, she kept saying both. Only after 2 hours and multiple phone calls did I finally convince her to call her FSA and figure it out. I stayed amazingly calm. She asked my last name, and after I told her, she kept using my full name ("Well, Jane Doe, I paid $27) - it was so annoying.
But it still feels good to be back at work...

No comments: