Sunday, September 7, 2008

Stupid drivers

This rant about stupid people has no bearing on anything medical or pharmacy related, but I just had to get it out of my system....
I was driving on a highway that I not-so-affectionately refer to as "the autobahn" the other day. It seems that every other driver on that road thinks it's a racetrack! I can be going 5 over the speed limit, and people still pass me like I'm standing still... Well, here I am, going about 62mph, in the right lane, minding my own business. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, this red blur of a BMW zooms up on my left, and decides to merge into my lane when his passenger door is about even with my front tire. I nearly rolled my SUV when I had to swerve really hard onto the shoulder just to avoid being hit. I was shaking like a leaf, and thought for sure my heart was going to pound out of my chest!!! I called 911, and reported this jackass of an aggressive driver. Apparently, a lot of other people called 911, too, because just as I approached the exit I needed, I saw the beemer pulled over by 3 state troopers. I stopped on the shoulder, and used every ounce of self control not to run back to this guy's car and punch him in the face. I gave my report to the troopers, but all they could do was cite him for going 80mph in a 60mph zone - they didn't see him run me off the road... But, one of these days, one will, and he'll be sittin' in a jail cell for a while.
So - for all you drivers in such a hurry to get somewhere - don't be STUPID and try to kill someone in the process!

No comments: