Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Making it fun

Sometimes, to keep from going insane, I have to use these stupid people as a form of entertainment. Here are a few ways...
When someone brings in a forged prescription, call the cops. It's fun when they're stupid enough to stick around until the cops show up and arrest them. It's REALLY fun when the arresting officer is one we refer to as "Deputy Hottie" WooHOO!
Give them stupid answers to their stupid questions - with a straight face, of course - then watch the confusion on their faces. For example: "Your insurance isn't covering this drug, but it's only $4 if you'd like to just pay for it." "But I don't want to pay for it. What are my options?" "Um, pay for it or go without." (It's Claritin - I'm not telling anyone to go without a heart medication...) Look on face ... ??????
Or, to the person cussing up a storm in the waiting area, whether it's directed at me or not ... "Excuse me, but I don't tolerate foul language in my pharmacy. You'll need to take your prescription somewhere else" I find this amusing since I know my language "skills" - I could make a trucker (longshoreman, whoever you imagine being foul-mouthed) blush. Half the time the cusser tries to tell me they weren't cussing... Yeah, right - I know what the f-word means....
Or, the lady I referred to in an earlier post who was reading me the riot act because she couldn't find pasta - "Eat rice."
There's more, but I just realized I'll be late for work if I don't get going now.... Gotta be there in time for the person who asks through the gate if we're open yet, after all.....

4 comments:

TGCougar86 said...

I'm SO glad I have the day off... ;)

Denise said...

Ahh yes, another pharmacy blog! love it! I worked in a pharmacy for 8 years and I cannot believe that every freaking pharmacy is the same way and the customers are the same! Wow!!!!!!!!!!1

RPh2005 said...

hahahahahahaahahahahaha!

rxgirl42 said...

Been doing this 32 years- Stupid people on the increase along with rudeness-used to treat rxist with lot of respect-now I feel more like insurance arbitrater- My code for stupid people in my store is TSTL too stupid to live and yeas they travel in packs of at least 3