Friday, June 13, 2008

Karma...

I LOVE it when mean, rude, nasty, stupid customers get what they deserve.
Little background first. Annual inventory was this week. It takes hours and hours of preparation, then the inventory itself throws a wrench into the workflow. It would be easier to just shut down for the day, in my opinion (which never counts).
Gal calls in the evening. Script is only partially ready. "We have a week supply ready for you, but the rest won't be ready until tomorrow" "I was told it would be here today!" "Well, it probably is, but because inventory isn't done yet, I can't open my deliveries yet - we'll have it ready tomorrow though." "Then give my script back - I'll go somewhere else" OK. We cancel the fill, dig through prescription files, and set it aside for her. She calls back... "Never mind, I'll just take the week supply and come back tomorrow" "Well, you said you wanted the script back, so we already cancelled the fill, and will have to start over if you want it. That will be about 2 hours." Serves the bitch right....
This one involves a cranky man who demanded that my tech "go get" me after I'd gone home. She wouldn't even call me - I had done inventory prep til midnight the night before, came back at 5am, then stayed 11+ hours. Cranky man had apparently bitched about a price one time a while back and said his friend the pharmacist told him it cost the pharmacy much less. So, I had price matched for him (only after getting permission from my district manager because it's a controlled substance and we're not supposed to match on those!). He wants script filled, but New RPh doesn't know about price matching deal, tech won't call me at home. Cranky man calls the next day to chew me out. After listening a while, I offer to strike a deal - I'll make sure every one knows about our price match for him, IF he never uses foul language in my pharmacy again. He demands that tech and New RPh apologize. I say "I'm not going to make them apologize for following policy" So he says he's going to transfer his scripts, AND notify the local media of how horrible I am. OK. Have a nice day. Other pharmacy calls for transfer - won't tell me their price even after I relay the whole story. Whatever. Now comes the sweet revenge.... We call to get price quote later - other pharmacy's price is $11 higher than our ORIGINAL price! Serves the bastard right...