Saturday, May 17, 2008

Stupid phone calls part 2...

At LEAST 3 times a day I get one of these calls:
Ring ring..
"Thank you for calling my pharmacy, I'm the pharmacist, how can I help you?"
"Hi. I'm calling to see if my prescription is ready. See, 'cause my doctor's office said they would call it in two days ago, but I called yesterday and it wasn't ready, so I called my doctor again, and they said they would call it in this morning, and I'm completely out of it and I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and I really need it filled today, so could you check to see if my doctor called?"
Dead silence. I wait a bit before responding - some days longer than others, if I feel like testing the moron on the other end of the line. Occasionally, when I wait exceptionally long, the caller will say "Are you still there?" but more often than not, there's silence on the other end as well. I can't bear it any longer...
"I can't check if your prescription's ready if I don't know who you are...."
Note to customers - IDENTIFY YOURSELF!!!!! I'm not a mind-reader....

4 comments:

RPh2005 said...

Yes yes yes!!! And I really don't care about the story behind it... How about, "Hi I'm Jane Doe, is my prescription ready?" Duh!! Every stinkin' day...EVERY DAY!!!!

MrHunnybun said...

Me too, I get this conversation at least once a day!!

Rph Mommy said...

I love when this happens. It's even more fun than playing "guess which white blood pressure pill I need filled." Love it.

Centre Chic said...

(I know this is years after the post, but...) YES! YES!! YES!!! I am a receptionist at the doctor's office and when patient's call to make their appointments, at least 2/3 don't say their name until I ask...and don't even get me started on when they give their name, I start making the appt, and they say after I've gotten a time, "Oh! This appointment is for my wife/husband/baby/neighbor with a beard, not me!" It makes me want to set them on fire.