Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sidelined by an injury

Sorry for not posting anything entertaining lately, but I've been suffering with shoulder pain for the past week or so.
As it turns out, this injury has provided me with a little bit of inspiration for this blog!
First - the correct way to inquire about a person's injury. You can ask me "What happened to your shoulder?" or something to that effect, but if you say "Did you do something to your shoulder?" I may just flippantly reply that I'm wearing a sling because I LIKE trying to open prescription vials with one hand!
Second - what's up with doctors? I tell the guy that my shoulder hurts, and the note he gives me to get me out of work for a couple of days says that I strained my NECK. Then, after the meds he gives me for my strained neck don't help my shoulder, and I go back to the office, he and the nurses all look at me like I'm a drug-crazed freak. So tempted to shake my keys at them and say "These unlock the pharmacy - if I wanted drugs illegally, I have the means..."
Finally found a doc with a brain, pain is improving, life may just get better soon.....

3 comments:

RPh2005 said...

I thought that sling was an accessory. You know you really should try to get another color...it looks like you're wearing the same thing every day. hahahahahahahahaha By the way...did you do something to your shoulder? hee hee hee hee

sabrina said...

Tell them you rehearsing for a part in a movie that is set in a pharmacy and you have to deal with dumba@@es that ask dumba@@ questions all day without hoping the counter and strangling them......wait n/m that is your real life.

Ninja Medic said...

I have a shoulder that dislocates frequently and am often in a sling, so I feel your pain (literally and figuratively). People are SUCH eejits sometimes, and when I'm in pain I have a lower than usual tolerance for stupidity so I usually end up answering stupid comments like 'did you do something to your arm' with 'no, I just like random strangers asking me dumbass questions' or 'naw, I'm making a fashion statement' and 'EVERYONE is wearing one of these this season! Don't you know haute couture when you see it?'

How's your shoulder now? I'm going to have to have mine tweaked surgically...