Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's not ALL bad...

Lest you think I only deal with stupid people, causing me to hate my job, I thought it would be nice to deviate from my standard stupid people posts and let you know that they're not ALL bad. As a matter of fact, I have some customers that are so wonderful that they make up for many of the stupid, mean ones.
There's "Gramma" - I mentioned once that she looks like my late grandmother, so now, when she calls, she identifies herself as "Gramma" if I answer the phone. She even crocheted a set of potholders for me!
People with cute kids - even though I have no desire to have any of my own, I usually enjoy other people's children. One customer regularly hands her baby across the counter to me. Nothing like a cuddle from a way cute baby to improve my day! And the customer whose kindergartner insisted that mom bring her to the pharmacy on Halloween so she could show me her costume.
The parental types - I have one customer who was ready to whip out his pocket knife to protect me from a particularly belligerent customer. And his wife loves to bring in baked goodies for us. Then there's the two who had a rather loud discussion about which one would get to kiss the bride first just before my wedding (in a fatherly way, of course).
Then, there's the joke tellers. I've got a couple customers who are always good for a dirty joke - and if you blush when they tell them, the next jokes will be even dirtier!
So, if I can have at least one GREAT customer come in every day, it makes up for all the horrible ones. Now I just need to figure out how to schedule them so it works out that way....

3 comments:

Randles Princess said...

I agree I have this one patient who comes into my pharmacy who is the most crotchty woman alive to most of the other tech's except me! She has gotten better with the others, but she brings us home made candy and cookies and yummy stuff all the time. It makes the mean and stupid patients a little easier to deal with.

RPh2005 said...

I have a soft spot for crusty old men...the crustier the better. I must break them...then they are mine! hee hee hee hee And then they love us forever and ever.

rxgirl42 said...

I have many many nice customers who bring us goodies all the time-Just last week I had patient bring me in a pair of lovely homemade Christmas earrings-I tell them all the time that itiis people like them who make my job worth while and since I have been therer FOREVER many think I can do anything and I am more than happy to help out the appreciative ones