Monday, April 21, 2008

Sorry, we don't stock that in the pharmacy....

Unless you go to a small, mom-and-pop type of pharmacy, chances are, the pharmacy staff has no control over what merchandise is carried in other departments of the store. That doesn't stop the stupid from blaming us for it though....
A while back, one of my regular customers was picking up her scripts, and decided I was to blame because she couldn't find the pasta. She's normally a rather pleasant lady, but this hidden pasta had her in a rage! I politely explained that much of the food section had been recently moved around, so I couldn't tell her exactly which aisle, but surely, it was over there. She continued to holler at me, so I finally said "I wish I could help you, but we've never stocked pasta in the pharmacy." Now completely red in the face, she screamed "What am I supposed to do?!" I put the most serious look on my face that I could manage and looked her square in the eye and said "Eat rice."
Another customer came to the pharmacy and yelled at me about the store no longer carrying the right brand of yarn. I told her it wasn't my department, but she could express her concerns to customer service or to the manager of the department. She said "I already did - I just wanted you to know that this is making me move my prescriptions to another pharmacy because YOU stopped carrying my yarn!" Fine. But the last time I checked, the local yarn store didn't have a pharmacy.

No comments: